The power of “Why”

Beliefs are part of every one of us. We have beliefs, whether we like it or not. Those beliefs not only affect our emotions and thoughts, but they also dictate how we act. We see the world, as well as other people, through them. A racist, for one (bad) example, sees others through dark belief glasses! An open-minded person, who believes that all people are created equal, regardless of color or race, has “normal”, transparent glasses. Our ultimate goal really is to see the world through this type of glasses: Transparent, clear and clean. Hopefully our glasses, besides being transparent, also correct our sight distortions. We can be born with seeing problems, major or minor, but no one will ever be born with corrective lenses. Those we can acquire over time, using the right knowledge, tools and resources.

Beliefs are part of every one of us. So we need to make sure that our beliefs are not damaging our vision. Seeing is a great gift. Your eyes are an asset that you would not exchange for billions of dollars. What would you do with all the money in the world, if you can’t see the world! However the eyes of the mind are far more important than the eyes in our face. We know of many great men and women who were blind, but their blindness was the small, minor one. They could see clear with their hearts and their minds, and this is what really counts. This is what made them great people. Our beliefs shape this inner eye, which in return shape our actions and reactions, our life, and our whole destiny. So we basically should care about the accuracy of our beliefs as much as we do about the accuracy of sight. Who wants to see things as they are not? We can safely say that those who don’t care if what they see is true or not, accurate or not, are insane, superficial or naïve. Those who see things as they are but pretend to see them as they are not are even worse.

So I think we can easily come down to this conclusion: we have to examine our beliefs. Inaccurate, unreal beliefs do us harm, and no good. This has another name: seeking the truth. Distorted vision simply means that what we see is not true. Being concerned with the truth is the key. It is also the door. It is the way.

25 Responses to “The power of “Why””

1. hiba says:

I totally agree with you. I think the ones who are closed minded or “blind” are in great danger! It’s a disease that keeps on growing,eventually, leading to the death of the soul and the purpose of life;if not cured as soon as possible!

2. helen says:

Mohammad,
    The title of your post is
    ” Why I’m Muslim”
    I read and reread this post but did not find the REASONS for your choice to be a muslim.

3. Rather a person is born into another s set of beliefs often passed down from generation to generation. For example when someone says they are born a Christian what they technically should say is I was born with no religious affiliation however someone passed a religious set of beliefs onto me during my formative years and since then I have voluntarily decided to follow that set of beliefs. I know it is a lot to say but it unravels the false perception that somehow a great spiritual creator brands everyone with a selected religion at birth.

4. Lindsey says:

Because I web site possessor I believe the content material
    here is rattling magnificent , appreciate it for the difficult work.
    You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

5. As I website possessor I believe the content material here is rattling wonderful ,
    appreciate it for your challenging work. You have
    to keep it up forever! Fine Luck.

6. Hi there! I merely would something like to inquire whenever you ever before have got any
    issues with hackers My last blog wordpress was hacked and I ended up losing a couple of months of effort because of no backup.
    Do you recognize of any other techniques to prevent hackers

7. those plastic shower curtains have been very easy for the pocket and you may
    install it without difficulty without sweat

8. i have so many funny bones in myself that is certainly why i would love to be a comedian

9. Thanks, Ive recently been looking for facts about this topic for ages and yours is that the best Ive found
    so far.

10. Chauncey says:

informatii interesante si utile postate pe blogul dumneavoastra.
    dar ca si o paranteza , ce parere aveti de inchiriere vile vacanta .

11. Im impressed, I have to admit. Actually rarely can i encounter a weblog thats both educative and entertaining, and
    let me tell you, you could have hit the nail to that the head.

Your thought is outstanding that the thing is something which too few
    folks have been speaking intelligently about.

I am delighted we found this around my get a hold
    of something with this.

12. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came to “return
    the favor.Im trying to discover things to enhance my website!
    I suppose its ok to use several of your ideas!!

13. Anya says:

you have a good weblog here! do you wish to make some invite
    posts in my little blog

14. Rosetta says:

First-rate day, I merely hopped over on your own website through StumbleUpon.

Not something Id generally read, then again I appreciated how you
    feel none that the less. Thanks for making something price reading.

15. Only wanna input on few wide-ranging things, That the website layout is perfect, the articles is actually
    good : D.

16. ӏ’ԁ hаve to eхamine with yοu heге.
    Which is absоlutely nοt sοmethіng
    I in most cases do! I ԁetermine рleasuгe
    οut of rеаding a ρublish that can make indiviԁuаls
    thіnk. Additionallу, thanks for alloωing mе to
    remark!

17. I have wanted to write about for instance this on my webpage
    and you gave me an idea. Cheers.

18. currency trading is really a bit tricky compared to internet marketing conversely you
    could earn a lot from it`

19. Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger,
    and I was wanting to know your situation; we have developed some nice methods and we
    are looking to exchange methods with other folks, please shoot me an email if interested.